Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Big Mike's BBQ Smokehouse

Sometimes, you go to a restaurant and you're amazed at how good it is. You can't say anything bad about it. That's how I felt when I went to eat at Big Mikes's BBQ , located at 3034 Barrow Street, Houma, Louisiana. I've eaten BBQ at many places on the east coast of the USA. I've had North Carolina BBQ, some from Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia. I've also had it in Texas. All of these places had pretty good BBQ. Some were better than others. So you can realize how surprised I was at just how good Big Mike's is. It may just be the best I have ever had. And it's right here in little ol' Houma! Now, I have to be honest. I feel that there are certainly some things on the menu that are better than others. For example, the turkey is not my favorite. However, it is the favorite of some of my friends. For me, it's the Beef Brisket. I love the tender, juicy slices of slow-roasted beef, containing just enough fat to make it good. If you don't like sauce (I do) on it, then order it on the side. For me, I want it covered with their own brand of smokey-flavored deliciousness. Their sausage is fantastic. I hear that Mike has it made to order according to his own recipe. It's juicy with no strange fennel flavor. The best thing about it is the aftertaste. It just makes you want some more. Let's not forget the Ribs. They are pork babyback ribs with some of that good fat and lots of meat. If you like it leaner, get the thin ends. They have less fat and more meat, but are a little chewier. Big Mike's menu has a full range of items that you would look for in a smokehouse. Everything from Ribs to Burgers, Fried Catfish, Chicken ant Turkey. Mike's side dishes are good old homegrown fare. I love the Mama's Green Beans as well as the BBQ Beans. They also have Jambalaya, Potato Salad, Spicy Cole Slaw, French Fries, and Corn on the Cob. The prices at Mike's are moderate. Entree's with two sides range from around $6.95, on up to the $20 range for a full rack of Babyback Ribs. They also do Tailgate Specials for those special occasions. As for me, it's one of my favorite restaurants in Houma. You can check out their website at http://www.bigmikesbbqsh.com. Their phone is 985-876-4477. Big Mike's BBQ Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/166/1466209/restaurant/Big-Mikes-BBQ-Smokehouse-Houma

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/166/12694/Houma/South-East-Louisiana-Restaurant-Reviews.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete